Some interesting news has come to our attention for those of you who are homeowners in France.
EDF are launching an offer in February 2019 to help homeowners finance work carried out on improvements in energy efficiency such as installing a new heating system to replace your old boiler or insulating your home from floor to ceiling EDF’s energy “Coupe de pouce” is a bonus that is paid directly to you, in the form of a cheque, if you wish to carry out energy renovation work in your home. It is granted for all energy renovation works carried out by a professional, which aim to: Improve your heating and control system (boiler, heat pump, etc.), insulate your attics, walls, floors, set up a heating system using renewable energies (individual solar water heater, wood heating, etc.), change your windows.
The amount of the premium depends on: The geographical location of your work, characteristics of your home and the type of work you are considering.
Good to know: if your tax situation allows you, also benefit from the bonus energy premium EDF!
To benefit from EDF’s energy bonus, you must:
- Be a homeowner and be able to finance the work you intend to carry out.
- Be registered on the EDF premium energy website.
- The work must be carried out by an RGE qualified artisan.
- Not received financial aid from another operator within the framework of the Energy Savings Certificate (ECE) scheme, for the same works.
- Not benefited from other incentives put in place within the framework of the EWC system and not signed another Certificate of Honor with another operator / organization.
- Not having received other financial assistance from EDF under the EWC scheme for the same works (for example, EDF’s subsidized work loans).
- Not having received other financial assistance from EDF under the EWC scheme for the same works (for example, EDF’s subsidized work loans)
For more information consult the EDF ‘Prime énergie’ webpage: https://www.prime-energie-edf.fr/