Membership Code of Practice & Terms and Conditions
Code of Practice
- Have a valid SIRET number.
- Maintain any registration, qualification and insurance required by French law.
- Be clear, honest and professional with customers.
- Be realistic about a start date and how long work will take.
- Arrive on the date and time agreed.
- Treat customers, property and the environment with respect.
- Be clear if there are any call out charges.
- Provide a written devis, an additional contract for variations, and a written invoice, if requested.
- Provide proof of insurance, trade-related qualifications and client references, if requested.
- Only undertake work within the scope of the insurance policy.
- Keep customers updated about all aspects of the work including any problems, additional costs and delays.
- Deal with customer enquiries, complaints and problems promptly, proactively and professionally.
- Encourage customers to submit a review.
- Alert Artisan Central staff within 48 hours of any changes to their business which affects the accuracy of their profile, for example cancellation of business insurance, no longer trading etc.
General Terms and Conditions
Artisan Central may vary, amend, change, or modify the Membership Terms and Conditions from time to time and any such changes will take effect from the date of posting on the Website.
- Members will have read the Artisan Central Code of Practice, Membership Terms and Conditions and User Agreement, and will comply with them throughout their membership or risk having their account suspended or membership refused.
- The member is the registered owner and the business is registered in France.
- Members will ensure a minimum of two customer reviews are posted within the first six months of membership and a minimum of two current reviews thereafter.
- All members must have Responsabilité Civile Professionnel cover (third party liability) in place as a minumum.
- Members will alert Artisan Central staff within 48 hours of any changes to the business which affects the accuracy of their profile, for example cancellation of insurance, no longer trading etc.
- Members will provide the necessary documentation for pre-membership and ongoing checks, including a call to the insurance provider if necessary.
- Membership does not confer any right to use Artisan Central Intellectual Property, including the brand and logo, except where expressly provided in writing.
- Members agree their profile information may be used by Artisan Central for media/PR/advertising.
- As a minimum, members will provide
- proof of ID and trading address (compulsory).
- proof of business insurance (compulsory).
- proof of qualifications/accreditations (if applicable).
- two customer references (compulsory).
- When a membership is suspended by Artisan Central we will cancel any pending automatic payments accordingly. The members profile will be removed with immediate effect.
- For fees paid in advance we will only refund the remainder of the fee that has not been applied (whole months only) less any advance payment discount given.
- After three months membership, members can cancel membership at anytime providing that the written one month notice rule is applied ( see below).
- To cancel members must submit one month’s notice in writing (registered mail) to Artisan Central’s registered address.
- The ‘termination date’ is one month from the proof of posting date or the date the letter was received (if sent unregistered).
- Fees paid in advance will be refunded (whole months only based on the termination date) less any advance payment discount applied.
- If an automatic payment is cancelled by a member or the member fails to send payment by the renewal date, Artisan Central will contact the member. If payment remains unpaid after 10 working days, Artisan Central will suspend membership and remove the member’s profile with immediate effect.
- Members who cancel their membership or whose membership is suspended by Artisan Central are not permitted to use the Artisan Central member logo or claim or suggest in any form that they are an Artisan Central member, with immediate effect.
Version française (PDF) »
If you would like to become a member click here to begin the application process.
Currently accepting artisans in all departments of France.